When I first launched this site, this page did not exist. Screenhog.com was a lone island, not admitting the existence of other websites. That has now changed… here, for your viewing pleasure, is an incomplete list of sites that I have at least sometimes found amusing:
- BrawlInTheFamily.com – Roughly-drawn characters from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. More enjoyable than it has any right to be.
- DandyAndCompany.com – A comic with a Looney Tunes-esque art style about a boy and the dog that loves to prank him.
- FilibusterCartoons.com – The only online political cartoon I’ve ever seen that was good enough to make me want to come back.
- Gpf-Comics.com – One of the Internet’s longest-running comic strips. Best to read this one from the beginning, if you have a few days of free time handy.
- Nedroid.com – Quirky, abstract, absurd humor, with a main character named Bear-tato.
- SilentKimbly.com – The main character never talks, but the punchline is always a pun (and usually a groaner). High cuteness factor.
- TheBookOfBiff.com – The many adventures of a man named Biff. Oh, look, he’s set himself on fire again…
- Gamasutra.com – A much better site than the name of it implies… full of game developer articles and industry news
- GameFAQs.com – Stuck in a video game. Chances are, this place will help you get out of it.
- Joystiq.com – My main source for video game news.
- Nintendo.Joystiq.com – Basically the same site as above, except that this page is Nintendo-only news. I go here more frequently, simply because the two current-generation consoles I care most about are made by Nintendo.
- Keith Lango – Lead animator for Veggie-Tales for quite awhile. Very talented. Highly opinionated.
- Phil Vischer – The creator of Veggie-Tales. I have a great deal of respect for this man, and hope that his newest project, JellyTelly, takes off big-time.
- Raph Koster – Dissecting games – specifically virtual worlds – and figuring out what makes them tick is his main claim to fame. Very insightful.
- Lance Priebe (Rocketsnail.com) – The person who hired me at my current job.
- Timothy Hodge – The blog of this guy. He does a variety of artistic things, rather than sticking to just one field. I can appreciate that.
- Animated-News.com – Headlines from around the world of all things animated.
- Animated-Views.com – Sister site to Animated-News. Reviews and behind-the-scenes of animated film.
- AWN.com – Animation World Network.
- HomestarRunner.com – Everybody loves the Homestar Runner… he’s a terrific athlete. Classic web cartoon, and it’s still going!
- JimHillMedia.com – Generally Disney-themed articles, posted many times per week. Legendary Disney animator Floyd Norman posts there sometimes.
- ArmorGames.com – Some of the best free Flash games on the Internet are found right here.
- Dice Wars – 15-minute Risk, with dice as your troops.
- FantasticContraption.com – The most fun I’ve ever had in a free physics simulation game.
- Kongregate.com – Free Flash games, and lots of them.
- Urladex.com – Trade websites like it’s a stock market. The more popular the site is, the more valuable its stocks are worth.
More will be added to this list later as I realize which sites I missed.